Erie Metro FCU Web Banking Disclosure and Agreement
In this Disclosure and Agreement, the words “you” and “your” mean each and all of those who apply for and/or use any of the electronic services described in this Disclosure and Agreement. The words “we”, “us”, and “our” mean Erie Metro Federal Credit Union.
This Disclosure and Agreement is given in compliance with the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (15 U.S.C. Section 1693 et seq.) and Regulation E (12 CFR 205 et seq.) to inform you of certain terms and conditions of the electronic fund transaction services you have requested.
Disclosure Information applicable to the Web Bank Service offered by Erie Metro Federal Credit Union is given below. You understand that the agreements, rules and regulations applicable to your Share Draft (Checking) Account, Share Savings Account, and any other applicable accounts, remain in full force and effect and continue to be applicable, except as specifically modified by this Disclosure and Agreement.
General Disclosures Applicable To all Electronic Services
Business Day- Our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included. Erie Metro Federal Credit Union’s Web Banking is available for your convenience 24 hours a day.
Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties- We will disclose information to third parties about your account or transactions you make when:
1) It is necessary to complete an electronic transaction, or
2) In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant, or
3) In order to comply with a government agency or Court Order, or any legal process, or
4) If you give us written permission.
Please see a copy of our Privacy Statement for additional details.
In case of Errors or Questions about your Electronic Services Transaction- Telephone us at (716) 826-1976, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at:
Erie Metro Federal Credit Union
3291 Lakeshore Road
Blasdell, NY 14219
as soon as you can if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first statement on which the problem or error appeared.
1) Tell us your Name and Account Number.
2) Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
3) Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
4) For a point-of-sale purchase, give us the merchant’s name, location and approximate time of the purchase. Any questions regarding the quality of goods and services should be directed to the merchant.
If you tell us verbally, we will require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we so not receive it within 10 business days, we may not provisionally credit your account during the additional time that may be required to investigate your complaint or questions.
If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within 3 business days following our investigation and debit the provisional credit. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Our Liability for Failure to Make or Complete Electronic Fund Transactions- If we do not properly complete an electronic fund transaction to your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we may be liable for your losses and damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance, if:
1) Circumstance beyond our control (such as fire, flood or earthquake) prevent the transaction, despite reasonable precautions.
2) Through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account (or insufficient collected funds) to make a transaction.
3) The funds in your account are subject to an uncollected funds hold, legal process or other circumstances restricting such transaction or payment.
4) We have received incorrect or incomplete information from you or from a third party (e.g. the U.S. Treasury, an automated clearing house, or terminal owner).
5) Your Erie Metro-Web Banking PIN has been reported lost or stolen and has repeatedly been entered incorrectly.
6) The transaction would exceed your Overdraft Protection Service privileges, assuming you have signed up for this service.
7) If any third party through which any bill payment is transmitted fails to properly transmit the payment to the intended payer.
8) If you instruct us to make a payment on a date that does not ensure timely payment to the payee (at least six full business days prior to the due date of the bill, except that if you use the optional Bill–Pay service you must provide the instruction four full business days prior to the scheduled process date).
9) Your failure to complete the transaction is done to protect the security of your account and/or the electronic terminal system.
10) There may be other exceptions.
Except as required by law, we shall not be liable for indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of the electronic services outlined in this agreement.
Charges for Electronic Fund Transaction Services- All charges associated with our electronic fund transactions are disclosed in our Fee Schedule, which has been provided to you in a separate document. A stop payment placed on a pre-authorized electronic payment is subject to a fee, as disclosed in this schedule, for each stop payment order you give. However, if you have opted for “Bill-Pay” services, there will be no charge if you cancel the authorized payment prior to the cut-off time of the day which is the scheduled process date. Any fees charged will be deducted from your checking or savings account.
Change in Terms- We may change the terms and charges for the services indicated in this Electronic Services Disclosure and may amend the Disclosure and Agreement from time to time. If you have an account with us through which electronic transactions are being processed, you will receive written notice at least 21 days prior to the effective date of the change(s), or as otherwise provided by law.
Disclosure of Funds Availability- We may place a hold for uncollected funds on an item you deposit. This could delay your ability to withdraw such funds. For further details, see our Availability of Funds Disclosure or contact the credit union.
Termination of Electronic Services- You may, by written request, terminate any of the electronic services provided for in this Disclosure and Agreement. We may terminate your right to make electronic fund transactions at any time with or without notice. If you ask us to terminate your account or use of the Erie Metro FCU Web Banking Service, you will remain liable for subsequent transactions performed by any other party to your account.
Additional Disclosures Applicable to Erie Metro FCU- Web Banking Services
By completing the Erie Metro FCU-Web Banking Application, you have requested that Erie Metro FCU provide you with a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for use with the Erie Metro FCU-Web Banking Services. This service allows you to access your account with a personal computer.
Types of Available Transactions: You may use your personal computer (PC or Mac) and a PIN to access the following services:
1) Make transfers between your accounts at Erie Metro FCU.
2) Make inquiries regarding your account balances and loan payment data with Erie Metro FCU.
3) Make transfers to make loan payments owed to Erie Metro FCU.
4) Make transfers to other authorized accounts within Erie Metro FCU.
5) Withdraw funds from your checking or savings(share) accounts or obtain advances up to the maximum limit of the Overdraft Protections Services Program.( if applicable) by check, made payable to you and mailed to you at the address we have on records for you at Erie Metro FCU.
6) Pay bills from your designated checking account.
7) We may offer additional services in the future and if so, you will be notified of them.
Limitations on Frequency and Dollar Amount of Transactions-
1) Checking account withdrawals and transfers through our web-banking system, including our optional Bill-Pay service are unlimited, to the extent you have available funds in your account or have access to our Overdraft Protections Services Program and not exceeded the maximum limit available to you..
2) Savings( share) account withdrawals and transfers through our web-banking system are limited. No more than six (6) preauthorized, automatic telephone or internet ( web-based) transfers and withdrawals may be made from your savings (share) account to another account of yours in any month, and no more than three (3) of these six(6) may be made check, draft, or other means to a third party. If you exceed these limitations your account may be subject to a fee or closed. The Bill –Pay service option is not available be to savings ( share) accounts.
In addition to the above ,for security reasons ( such as in the event your web-banking PIN is lost or stolen or we have a reasonable suspicion of unauthorized use) we may impose limitations on the dollar amount or number of transactions you can make on the web-banking system.
Bill-Pay Preauthorized Recurring Payments- If, under the optional Bill-Pay service you have told us to make recurring payments in advance, you can stop any of these payments by cancelling the transaction online before the cut-off time on the scheduled process date.
Right to Receive Documentation of Transactions- You will receive a monthly statement (unless there are no transfers in a particular month), for the account(s) that you have with us.
Your Liability for Unauthorized Transactions and Advisability of Prompt Reporting- Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Web-banking PIN has been lost or stolen , or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission.. Telephoning us is the best way of keeping your potential losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus the availability of the Overdraft Protection Services, if applicable). If you believe your Web-banking PIN has been lost or stolen, and you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your PIN, you can lose no more than $50. if someone used you Web-banking PIN without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Web-banking PIN and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your Web-banking PIN without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN)- You understand that you cannot use the Erie Metro FCU Web-banking System without an identification number, which we refer to as a personal identification number (PIN). You are responsible for the safekeeping of your Web-banking PIN.
You will notify us immediately and send written confirmation if your PIN is lost, stolen, misplaced, or disclosed to anyone.
If you disclose your PIN to anyone, however, you understand that you have given them access to your account(s) and that you are responsible for any such transactions.
You further understand that the PIN is not transferable and you will not disclose the PIN to anyone else or permit any unauthorized use thereof.
Your Account Number, Password and/or Personal Identification Number (PIN)- You agree not to allow anyone to gain access to the credit union’s online banking service or let anyone know your Account Number, Password or PIN Number. In order to protect yourself against fraud, please adhere to the following guidelines:
1) Do not give out your Account Number, Password or PIN Number to anyone; and
2) Do not leave your PC unattended while you are in the credit union’s online banking site; and
3) Never leave your account information within the range of others; and
4) Do not send privileged account information (Account Number, Password, PIN Number, etc.) in any public or general e-mail system.
Security- You understand that personal identification information by itself or together with information related to your account may allow unauthorized access to your account. Your Password (Log-in ID, etc.) are intended to provide security against unauthorized entry and access to your accounts. Data transferred via online banking is encrypted in an effort to provide transmission security; online banking utilizes identification technology to verify that the sender and receiver of online banking transmissions can be appropriately identified by each other. Notwithstanding, our efforts to ensure that the online banking is secure, you acknowledge that the Internet is inherently insecure and that all data transfers, including electronic mail, occur openly on the Internet and can potentially be monitored and read by others. We cannot and do not warrant that all data transfers utilizing online banking or e-mail transmitted to and from us, will not be monitored or read by others.
Telephone number and Address to be Notified in the Event of Unauthorized Transactions- If you believe your Web-banking PIN has been lost or stolen or that someone will or may use it to transfer money from your account without your permission, telephone us at (716) 826-1976, or write us at:
Erie Metro Federal Credit Union
3291 Lakeshore Road
Blasdell, NY 14219
Verification- All transactions affected by use of services indicated in this agreement which would otherwise require your signature, or other authorized signature, shall be valid and effective as if signed by you when accomplished by use of these services.
Virus Protection- The credit union is not responsible for any electronic virus or viruses that you may encounter. We suggest you routinely scan your PC and Diskettes using a reliable virus detection product to detect and remove any viruses. Undetected or un-repaired viruses may corrupt and destroy your programs, files and even your hardware. Additionally, you may unintentionally transmit the virus to other computers.
Governing Law- This Agreement is governed by applicable federal law and. the laws of the State of New York.