My Best Rate
Your Best Wheel Deal Starts At Erie Metro FCU
Get Pre-Approved Today!
We invite you to visit an Erie Metro Auto Loan
Specialist to get your best rate, or apply online.
Also Good For Refinanced Loans
You could lower your existing auto loan by
refinancing through Erie Metro.
How To Get Your Best Wheel Deal
Here are some suggestions to help make it a little
easier to drive away with the vehicle best suited
for your lifestyle:
What To Do
- Get pre-approved for your auto loan –Apply with your credit union first. You’ll know exactly how much you can spend and have better bargaining power at the dealership.
- Do your research – Figure out what kind of vehicle is right for you. Use Kelley Blue Book when researching prices for used vehicles, or use sites like Edmunds or Consumer Reports.
- Take a better test drive – Try different models and driving conditions. You won’t truly know a car unless you take it on the road and put it through its paces.
- Be ready to walk away – If the dealer isn’t giving you the price you think is fair, walk away. It’s better to take a little extra time than to overpay.
- Shop at West Herr Automotive – Members can receive Hassle-Free Dealer Invoice Pricing on several pre-owned or new vehicles at any West Herr dealership, along with other benefits. Visit http://www.westherr.com/index.htm.
What Not To Do
- Go to the dealer unprepared – Without research and loan pre-approval, you could spend too much. Apps like TruCar® and Autotrader can really help.
- Pay sticker price – There is always room to negotiate, especially if you’ve done your research.
- Don’t read the fine print – Not reading the details could cost you. Make sure you review the documents you sign, including ensuring that the numbers match the worksheet, there are no additional fees or charges, and that all warranty information is accurate.
- Drive away unhappy – Make sure you got the car and deal you wanted; otherwise it’s an expensive mistake.
|*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. APR good for new autos (2015-2016) with terms up to 72 months; used autos (2011-2015) with terms up to 66 months. Promotional rate offer ends May 27, 2016. Other rates and terms available.